You will receive one shell ranging from 6-8 inches. Shape and size will vary as this is a natural sea shell. Here is how to smudge using your shell:
- Using a match or lighter light your herbs or Palo Santo smudging sticks
- Rest the sticks or herbs in the abalone shell, using it to collect any ashes or embers as the sticks or herbs burn. You can use sand in your shell to protect it as well if you chose.
- To bless a person or object, use a feather to brush the smoke around them
- You may wish to walk around a space with the sticks or herbs, allowing the smoke to go into the corners and ceilings. You should always set an intention before smudging and open the windows to allow the smoke to clear.
- Abalone shells have holes in them, so ensure that light particles don’t fall through onto flammable materials such as carpet or bed linens
- If the smudging sticks have been resting in the abalone shell for awhile, the shell may get hot, so use caution when handling it